Monday, June 22, 2009

Are DMCA take downs the end of Blogging? Well, I'll give you this GoldieLocks track at least...


It's probably worth noting that it's been nearly a month since I've posted.

Why?

First off I've got this pneumonia that I'm trying to shake. Apparently three different antibiotics haven't worked too well :) There are days where I've literally just sat in one position for nearly 16 hours I've felt so awful.

Second... I've been depressed. I haven't been able to put my fingers to the keyboard. I've been working on some stuff, but nothing I can actually put out for anyone to read, it just seems everything comes out crap. I thought getting fired would give me more time to write... in stead I'm staring at the ceiling.

And third, and perhaps most importantly to you the reader, my last post got taken down. It was a LONG post (because I'd been at DEMF/Movement and hadn't had time to write, right before I got really sick) which can still be found over at MOG. I told myself I wasn't going to post anything until I found out what happened to that post! I mean if it's a DMCA take down? This blog could get shut down...

Well, lo and behold, I finally got the notice about two days ago. IT TOOK THEM A MONTH TO SEND THE DAMN THING! And what pisses me off the most is there wasn't ONE thing on there that wasn't legit. It was all sent from the labels. Grrrrrrrr... GET YOUR SHIT STRAIGHT IFPI! Stop messing with legit blogs!

OK! On to the music... there's a podcast here I think you should check out. In turn I've got a GoldieLocks track for ya... pretty solid trade off yeah? I can't remember if we've really done a profile on her yet. I remember looking into her early work as a producer but I never expected her to be a solo artist. Might good stuff... read below to see how the podcast and the track go together :)

GoldieLocks- "Fuckabout"



Red Bull Music Academy presents Wandering Feet podcast

Episode 4 / 2009

This month, Baaba Maal, Dave Longstreth (Dirty Projectors) and Subeena are interviewed, and GoldieLocks, Photonz and Debruit are on the playlist!

Download the Wandering Feet Podcast and join music journalist, and Red Bull Music Academy team member, Emma Warren, for her take on new music, collaboration and emerging talent with a special UK focus. In this brand new episode, we hear from ex-RBMA participant, producer Subeena who joins Emma in the Wandering Feet studio to share the inside story on some of her hottest tracks. As ever in Wandering Feet we've got words of wisdom from some of the most exciting and pioneering musicians around including Baaba Maal, who joins us to talk about the many collaborations that he's worked on, and Dave Longstreth from Brooklyn based band The Dirty Projectors with the inside story on their unusual method of songwriting. And of course there'll be music, this episode is packed to the hilt with some of the best new music around including some underground Portugese Techno from Photonz, Parisian post funk from Debruit featuring Om'Mas Keith from Sa Ra Creative Partners and Jamie Woon, plus a cut from Croydon dubstep princess GoldieLocks.


Download the podcast here:
http://podcasts.redbull.com/rbma

And you can find it on iTunes here:
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=280563057

Or subscribe on iTunes here:
itpc://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=280563057

Now THIS isn't British but my man Don Diablo has really picked the right tracks to fuck with!

Don Diablo (www.twitter.com/dondiablo) revisits The Roots classic ''The Seed 2.0'' with added beats, synths, violins and percussion to get yo bodymovin' on till the break of dawn! Download track through following Mediafire link and feel free to share on your blog!

Don Diablo vs The Roots - "The Seed 3.0"

Don Diablo (www.twitter.com/dondiablo) revisits The Roots classic ''The Seed 2.0'' with added beats, synths, violins and percussion to get yo bodymovin' on till the break of dawn! This Sunday, June 28, he's playing Glastonbury Festival in the Dance Village (West Dance) and the night before, on Saturday June 27, he is playing Pete Tong's Wonderland night at Ministry of Sound in London. So, make sure you drop by one of those gigs if you're ready for some fresh tunes!

Ok, I'm hanging out with my wife. I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Podcast