Friday, December 11, 2009

Don Diablo & Scanners, Faithless dubstep remix, new RKC, and Lunar Youth!



The busiest-remixer-in-the-world-ever-full-stop, Don Diablo, has just released an official remix for the delightfully dark Scanners (one of the best, most underrated acts ever on Dim Mak) which will surely blow your skull & crossbone socks right off!

Here's the press...
Don Diablo (www.myspace.com/dondiablo) takes on the new single 'Salvation' by UK rock outfit Scanners (www.myspace.com/scanners) and turns it into an epic monster of a track by adding guitar licks, haunting strings, distorted basslines and a killer break. The 'Salvation' remix EP drops December 8 on Dim Mak Records, so get your copy on Beatport! For North American fans, ravers, hotties and non-believers, be sure to catch Don Diablo in Chicago (Dec 10), Phoenix (Dec 11), Toronto (Dec 12), Houston (Dec 17), El Paso (Dec 18), and San Diego (Dec 19). New North American dates and cities already confirmed for 2010 and to be announced soon!

SCANNERS - SALVATION (DON DIABLO REMIX) Direct DL
SCANNERS - SALVATION (DON DIABLO REMIX) zShare
SCANNERS - SALVATION (DON DIABLO REMIX) YSI




I've gotta admit... I've never been a big Faithless fan. I saw Sister Bliss play, at I think it was Prive, which was pretty cool... and I recognize their importance to dance music... but most of their stuff has never really been my thing. However, this dubstep remix of 'Sun To Me' is the perfect way to get my attention. I want to hear remixer Emalkay do a remix for Massive Attack after hearing this (it would be perfect)! I like how the press release talks about sunshine and this track is crazy dark lol...

And here's the press for this one...
Taster track ‘Sun To Me’ is a precursor to the full return of Faithless next year – the new album early in 2010 heralds a new Faithless experience, encompassing the band’s celebrated eclecticism, originality and ambience that has made them a global phenomenon.

Faithless have been introducing ‘Sun To Me’ around the UK and Europe with a string of Faithless Sound System live dates over the last 2 months and with some amazing remixes from Alex M.O.R.P.H, Gui Boratto and a classic rework from renowned Birmingham dubstep producer Emalkay, the track has been going down a storm.

“inspired by the Californian sunshine, and the wide open spaces along the Pacific highway – Sun To Me hopefully shines a little light in these dark times” Sister Bliss

Next week iTunes take Faithless’ ‘Sun To Me’ around the globe when they offer the track free for 7 days only. ‘Sun To Me’ (Faithless Dub) will be available to iTunes customers in UK, US, Japan, Canada, France, Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, and Mexico from Tues Dec 15th until Dec 22nd.


FAITHLESS - 'Sun To Me' YSI
FAITHLESS - 'Sun To Me' zShare

Check out more at their website or Myspace!

Also, our good buddy Adam Ficek of Roses Kings and Castles (as well as a little band called Babyshambles) had a couple of free tracks he wanted to give away to you devoted listeners. I don't know about you but I still can't shake "Entroubled" from my head (nor do I want to). I hope you enjoy these tracks, and feedback in the comments is ALWAYS welcome :)

Roses Kings and Castles - "Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid"

Roses Kings and Castles - "Empty Shells"

And last but not least we've got newbies Lunar Youth and their b-side to "Misfits" called "Peppermint Lounge"... it's certainly interesting to me because it sounds different... I mean just plain different! In an age where there are way too many bands who are turning out the same garbage over and over it's refreshing to hear something new (I will say I feel like they listened to "Sound & Vision" prior to writing the song lol). How do I feel about it though? I tend to go for angsty stuff or ecstatic craziness... so I dunno, I admire their enthusiasm... better question is what do you think?

Lunar Youth - "Peppermint Lounge" YSI

I'm getting a Q & A ready with Heads We Dance and some other surprises so STAY TUNED!

No comments:

Podcast