Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mid-January: Jaime xx, Heartless, Paul Cook, Kraddy and Glitch Mob

Amazing dubstep remix showing the genre hasn't gone all "dumb and bass", with a total lack of progress as a genre, and lost the plot...


And here's more from the album...


Check out Heron's remix album "We're New Here" on 21 Feb 2011. The whole remix album was done by Jaime of The xx which is I think is awesome! For more check out here. Here's one of Heron's throwback jams that everyone has sampled (from Air to Common)...



Also wanted to mention I got to watch Jim Sturgess' Heartless yesterday and thought it was brilliant. There is certainly something missing, which means it doesn't get elevated to Donny Darko type fame, but it was brilliant none the less. I hate it how it takes like a year or more for films like this to make it over to the U.S.... any other suggestions for movies like this?

Heartless (2009) Trailer
Uploaded by Moviescan. - Full seasons and entire episodes online.

My mate James sent this over this morning so I thought I'd post it... most of you are familiar with Emalkay so I don't need to say much but I will post the links!


Then I got this folky "Sunday Morning jam" by some bloke called Paul Cook and I actually really like it. I know NOTHING about him but I could cook eggs to this with a hangover and a smile, yeah?

Paul Cook & The Chronicles - "Six Places"

NOW this isn't British at all, which is why we're starting a new spin off blog called Neon Lights until we can get more organized or change servers or whatever... but here's a sampler track from former Glitch Mobber Kraddy:

Kraddy - "Throwin' Some G's"

Here's the press blurb:

The Labyrinth Tour launches this Thursday with a repeat L.A. performance hosted by Do Labs at King King followed by weekend shows in San Francisco and S. Lake Tahoe. I’ll be catching up with all of you in Missouri and Ohio before picking up Archnemesis and heading to Colorado for 8 shows before touring the East coast with BIG GIGANTIC. After that, heading south to bring the heavy to our friends in the Carolinas, Tennessee, and Georgia.


It's always good to hear from The Glitch Mob which means it was awesome to hear their remix album, featuring our friend Chris De Luca of CLP fame, is out! To check out more go here. I have an awesome interview with them I'm waiting to post at our new sister site.
The Glitch Mob - "Starve The Ego Feed The Soul (Sub Swara Remix)"


Speaking of non-UK stuff... this is good but the promo email was lacking SO much I really almost didn't post this... grrrrr... check out more here here. I don't have time for emails like that... no blogger does, big ones or small ones... so consider this just done out of Michigan pride.
Grip Platter (unreleased) by FreddyTodd

Ok in fact the last email pissed me off so much I'm gonna stop writing. Cross your fingers and hope my email gets through to Bassnectar's people in time because he's gonna be in town, I wanna see him, but I've been too busy to send the necessary email out :( Be back soon...

No comments:

Podcast