Wednesday, August 16, 2006

It's Good To Be Back! (The View, new Shambles)

Ok... I know I have been gone for a while... I'm sorry... I have been moving into a new place, I've been having bandwidth problems, festivals and shows and money problems from all the above... apparently my favourite Myspace friend Lolly thought I'd relapsed and O.D.ed as I hadn't spoken to she or Drew Shambles in a month... turns out I'm still here (I've got my tape recorder now for the phone... will be calling Drew in the next two days so hold your horses! The interview will be in text here on the site, the live audio will be on "The Spirit Of Albion" show after it is edited! I know you guys want it but a) I have to find a time when HE is home, b) have to wake up really early to do it and c)I have to get it ready for FCC consumption!)........ Of course, in my absence, music has kept on going and OF COURSE there is LOADS of great shit that you must hear. Because I've been MIA I'm going to try to make up for it by posting loads of stuff! First off... one of the bands that people can't shut up about are The View. They were recently in the 'Radar' section of the NME (Oasis Kebworth Issue) and are basically being called the heir to the Libertines/Arctic Monkeys crown. While that may be a little overblown (I mean come on... you can't believe a fucking thing the British press says... they make it sound like every band is the biggest band ever), but they are quite good... and quite YOUNG! I'm not sure of the average age but I'm pretty sure it's 18-21. They played their first gig as a supporting slot for Babyshambles in their home town of Dundee. The name came from a bar that banned them from playing called 'The View' (I should take a test on these guys... I'd be scoring pretty high.. hope school goes this well this fall lol!) Their first single is "Wasted Little Djs" which I will post the demo version of. There is a whole album of demos here that are quite good (however I can't post them all due to my bandwidth restrictions)!

The View- "Wasted Little Djs (demo version)"

Next up... from one of my fav bands of all time... I've got a new Babyshambles track called "The Blinding"! Apparently, this track was sold with a copy of a paper that homeless people sell in the UK (kind of like 'Street Wise' in Chicago I imagine) and thank god someone in one of the Libs/Shambles/DPT forums sent me a copy (thank you Nathan Proudfoot)! There are also new tracks at The Albion Arks under Media>Babyshambles>Paris Rehearsals (these tracks can be streamed like at Pete's replacement for the Bala Chadha site, French Dog Blues which also has new video's and a forum). The Shambles men seem to be doing quite well and I will make sure to tell Drew what you all think of the song if you leave comments (the interview will also be typed up as soon as it's done... and I'll get the festival pics up too... I'm sorry! I'm a busy man!).

Babyshambles- "The Blinding"

So anyway... hope this satiates your Arcadian urges... I will keep it regular UNTIL, that is, I have a bandwidth issue!

UPDATE EXTRA: Babyshambles feat Shane McGowan- "Dirty Old Town"

Get music from The View

Get music from Babyshambles

No comments:

Podcast