Friday, August 25, 2006

Say hello to The Breakers

The Breakers may be the first band to contact me (well second I guess... Mars Patrol you were first!) with a completely original message (i.e. not "Dear Sir/Mrs. We are a band that plays music like the one you have in your profile!") about their music. Referencing a post here on Arcadia, and my love for both Babyshambles and The View, they contacted me saying that I should check out their music. It took me like 5 seconds to realize that this was the same band that was written about in the NME as a band that could be the next Arctic Monkeys. So what makes them so special you ask? In a crop of young bands that share really similar themes and songwriting styles, these guys (or at least their songs) stick out as being the Real McCoy... what do I mean? Well, here's an analogy for you... if the Monkeys seem like kids you would see swilling beer and oogling girls at a pub, then (perhaps) The Breakers would be the guys who are watching the Monkeys staring at their birds', while considering kicking their asses. Personally, I think one of the coolest things about them is that you can hear them and their music before they blow up and their label brings in some big producer... meaning this stuff still sounds raw and awesome. Mark my words this is only the beginning for The Breakers...

The Breakers- "Life And Times"

So... go add em to your Myspace... and tell em 'In Search Of Arcadia' sent you... no seriously... leave a comment and shit... and while you're add it leave a comment here too...

No comments:

Podcast