Sunday, June 17, 2007

T-t-t-t-twenty four hour party people...


SO... I finally have something new to offer you folks... as far as I can tell this hasn't been posted anywhere else yet. I don't think I'm going to give you a long into... I think I'll give it to you straight no chaser.

So here it is...

The title track from the Happy Mondays new album "Uncle Dysfunktional"...

Happy Mondays- "Uncle Dysfunktional" YSI

Just in case you've been living inside a bubble and know nothing about British music...

Happy Mondays are an English alternative rock band from Salford, Greater Manchester. Formed in 1985, the band's original line-up was Shaun Ryder on lead vocals, his brother Paul Ryder on bass, lead guitarist Mark Day (aka "Moose" or "Cowhead"), keyboardist Paul Davis (aka P.D), and drummer Gary Whelan. Bez would later join the band onstage during a live performance after befriending Shaun Ryder (known to him as "X") and served as a dancer/percussionist. Rowetta Satchell joined the band to provide backing vocals in the early 90s. They have stated that the band name is a take on the title of New Order's song, "Blue Monday."

I wish I could give you more than this but... but wouldn't be right... I'm sure the WebSheriff will be riding in on his horse in no time so take advantage of the song FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES while it's up!

To whet your whistle a little more... here's a recent interview on Transmission from this year...


And I'm sure you remember this one...
Happy Mondays- "Kinky Afro"

So I hope you enjoyed... I have another post in waiting and I still have some promo tracks to get you... so keep checking back... AND LEAVE SOME COMMENTS!

No comments:

Podcast