Monday, December 10, 2007

Make Model are too cool for school... and so are their remixes...


I really love the internet. As though it were a person. Seriously. Because I get hooked up with stuff like these Make Model remixes and I just wanna spazz out. It's all too good to be true! I was actually just downloading some autoKratz on good old eMusic and I realized "OH SHIT! I still have those remixes I haven't posted!"... it's been a rough day today... my grandma is in the hospital, my really cool new boss who was into Amy Winehouse got canned, and I'm just lonely are irritated... and these remixes saved my day...

The first one is a mix of stutter choppy lyrics and ice cold hollow synths (that actually feel very close to home, yeah Sam?)... this shit is totally going to be in our Traktor queue for a while...

Make Model- "The Was (autoKratz Made To Scale Mix)"

Make Model- "The Was (autoKratz Made To Scale Mix)"

...And the second starts out WAYYYYY happier and then goes full tilt buzzsaw bloghouse synths and before you know it you're naked singing into a banana table dancing for yourself... which is a pretty wild experience that I didn't know could come about from hearing a song! But just you watch... at 1:24 the pants they go a'flyin'!

Make Model- "The Was (Deal Soul Brothers Dub)"

Make Model- "The Was (Deal Soul Brothers Dub)"

Here's a video..............
The Was

Add to My Profile | More Videos

Here are the bullet points of things you MUST know about Make Model...

Artist: Make Model
Title: “The Was”

Remixes by: Dead Soul Brothers, Autokratz
Release date: 19th November
www.myspace.com/makemodel www.makemodel.co.uk

* Make Model are a Six piece from Glasgow. Aimi, JC, Ray ‘The Biz’ Black and Ken joining original members Lewis, ex of Glasgow maths rock combo Fickle Public, and Gordon
* They have been described as sounding like David Gray on methadone
* They formed in 2005
* Following the release of their debut single ‘The LSB’ on their own imprint, The Biz earlier this year, ‘The Was’ will be Make Model’s first release with EMI
* Remixes by Dead Soul Brothers (aka Hervé and Seba)and
Autokratz (Kitsuné)

* Untitled debut album to follow early 2008



After reading that do you see how hard I hooked you guys up? Ever since my boy Larry Tee had the fucking club popping off crazy with a Herve remix I've known that everything he touches turns to gold... and then you get a remix from a Kitsune artist on top of that... it's crazy! There is no way in hell to find a bio for these guys thanks to their non-Google friendly name... but thankfully Make Model actually have stuff on eMusic... so if you enjoyed this sign up via this blog and help a brother out as well as your new favourite artists! There is a ton of new dubstep shit on eMusic, Kitsune releases, even new Ghostly International shit (which you know I rep to the fullest... I think I'm going to get a Ghostly tattoo... will you sign me then SVIV lol?)


No comments:

Podcast