Tuesday, April 17, 2007

From Chicago To Interzone



Klaxons... at... Schuba's... last night... fucking amazing! I mean completely fucking amazing. I was a little worried because of the recent Mixmag article where they talk about not playing the bass or singing or anything and having an awful show and I'm thinking "this could be a disaster".

They came on an launched into "The Bouncer" and, although it sounded awesome the crowd kind of bounced their heads and that was it. This happened for a while and I think Jamie warily made the comment "This isn't as good as our last Chicago crowd" and from there on out the audience was nuts... I mean fucking nuts. It was one shoulder push away from a fucking full on mosh pit.

I honestly have to put it up there as being of the best shows I've ever been to. They musically were perfect, you could tell they were there in the moment, and they were really trying to make an impression. IF YOU LIVE IN A TOWN WHERE THE TOUR IS NOT SOLD OUT THEN BUY TICKETS! You do not want to miss this...

So as a little inspiration here's a couple tracks I haven't posted before on Arcadia...

Klaxons- "Atlantis To Interzone (Digitalism Remix)"

Klaxons- "Hall Of Records"

Just a funny little note... last night when I was talking to the band after the show Simon goes, "Didn't I slag your show?" and I was like "Yeah, but it's ok. No one took any offense to it. In fact the manager at the radio station was like 'You've brought us international fame' so it's all good" and they laughed... and then he said something like "No, I was just kind of making fun because Albion over in England is connected to this band the Libertines and that's really what I was making fun of" and I was like "Yeah, I, uh, don't know about that!"... *cough cough*... Nope, not me, I don't know anything about The Libertines/ Babyshambles/ Pete Doherty, nothing... never heard of em.... hahahaha...

Here's the rest of the show dates... as I said you better rush to try to get these fuckers!
17 Apr 2007 8:00 P
7TH STREET ENTRY (Age: 18+) MINEAPOLIS, MN
19 Apr 2007 8:00 P
LARIMER LOUNGE (Age: 21+) DENVER, CO
21 Apr 2007 8:00 P
EL PLEX (AGE: 18+) LOS ANGELES, CA
22 Apr 2007 8:00 P
RICHARD'S ON RICHARD'S CABARET (Age: 19+) VANCOUVER, BC
23 Apr 2007 8:00 P
CROCODILE CAFE (ALL AGES) SEATTLE, WA
24 Apr 2007 8:00 P
DANTE'S (Age: 21+) PORTLAND, OR
26 Apr 2007 8:00 P
POPSCENE @ 330 RITCH SAN FRANCISCO, CA
29 Apr 2007 8:00 P
COACHELLA FESTIVAL (ALL AGES) INDIO, CA

Real quick before I let you go here... I wanted to post these streams that are over at Spinner... looks like Maximo Park and the Horrors are getting releases here in the USA! Although, I heard the Maximo album was a little difficult (I'll have the final say on that though)!

Spinner’s 3x3: Maximo Park
Tracks: Apply Some Pressure, Going Missing, Kiss You Better
Recorded from Brixton Academy, London

Spinner’s 3x3: The Horrors
Tracks: Count in Fives, Crawdaddy Simone, Gloves
Recorded from Red Eyed Fly in Austin, Texas

Thanks for stopping by... I'll be back asap with more awesomeness for ya...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hall of Records? is that a b-side or something? can you put it back up?! i went to the show in seattle. it was more than amazing.

Podcast