Saturday, May 19, 2007

Come with me, come with me...



Sooooooo... I've done loads and loads and loads of Klaxons posts. I mean fucking loads. I am pretty fanatical about the band... which is something that's kind of weird to me when I really think about it. These are a few guys, close to my age (or are my age), who for all intents and purposes are doing the same things I'm trying to do with my life (write music for a living... albeit quite a bit more successfully)! I'm not trying to say I have anything close to their musical chops, what I'm saying is they are just dudes who write songs... as Scroobius Pip would say, they're "Just a band"... yet they still inspire a sense of wonder in me. To get so excited about a band seems goofy when you're closer to the source... having said that though, I'm still dorking out about them and will continue to in the future... hopefully I'll run into them again at Pitchfork this summer and be able to give them the "Atlantis To Interzone" remix that State Crime is working on...

I know some of you have expressed interest in a "best of" post... but instead of doing something that would make the record company kick my ass... I'm going to give you some new live tracks from Minnesota Public Radio...

We're I to do a best of, however, it would look like this.... if I'm missing anything let me know!



Remixes
Magick (Simian Mobile Disco Remix)
Golden Skans (SebastiAn Version 1.2.0 Remix)
Golden Skans (Erol Alkan's Ekstra Spektral Dub)
Golden Skans (Surkin Remix)
Golden Skans (Switch Remix)
Golden Skans to Interzone (So Me Remix) which is technically a mash up...
Atlantis To Interzone (Digitalism Remix)
Atlantis To Interzone (Metronomy Remix)
Atlantis To Interzone (Crystal Castles Remix) off Xan Valleys E.P.
The Bouncer (Gorky Remix)
The Bouncer (South Central Remix)
Gravity's Rainbow (Kavinsky Remix)
Gravity's Rainbow (Gun's'N'Bombs Freakout Rmx)
Gravity's Rainbow (Nightmoves Remix)
Gravity's Rainbow (Soulwax Remix)
Gravity's Rainbow (Van She Remix) off Xan Valleys E.P.

EDIT
There were a couple I forgot and Cohen was nice enough to point this out... here's the ones I missed...
Atlantis To Interzone (Ayia Napa To Interzone Tapedeck Remix)
Atlantis To Interzone (Germlin Remix)
Atlantis To Interzone (Hadouken! Remix)
Atlantis To interzone (Yukski's Saucisses Wanna Dance to Dance Remix)
Atlantis To interzone (mr miyagis bootleg remix)
Golden Skans (David E. Sugar remix)
Gravity's Rainbow (Todd Edwards Main Mix)
Gravitys Rainbow (To My Boy remix)
It's Not Over Yet (Crimp Yr Hair DJs Remix)
Magick (Simian Mobile Disco Remix)

B-Sides, Live stuff, and Demos
Hall Of Records
Electrickery off Gravity's Rainbow CDS
The Bouncer (live) off Golden Skans 7"
Golden Skans (live) off Golden Skans 7"
My Love (Justin Timberlake Cover) live @ BBC and is getting released on the next single!
Gravity's Rainbow (DEMO) no longer available for download, but previously available on Myspace
4 Horsemen Of 2012 (DEMO) no longer available for download, but previously available on Myspace
Atlantis To Interzone (DEMO) no longer available for download, but previously available on Myspace
The Bouncer (DEMO) no longer available for download, but previously available on Myspace
Totem (DEMO)
Golden Skans (DEMO)

And then these puppies...

Klaxons- "It's Not Over Yet (Live on MPR)"
Klaxons- "It's Not Over Yet (Live on MPR)" zShare

Klaxons- "Golden Skans (Live on MPR)"
Klaxons- "Golden Skans (Live on MPR)" zShare

Klaxons- "As Above, So Below (Live on MPR)"
Klaxons- "As Above, So Below (Live on MPR)" zShare

On another topic... as the last days of rainy shitty dark weather are dwindling down... I've been using these crap days as an opportunity to enjoy dubstep in it's best environment next to a) a dark alley or b) night time... I've been trying to get myself more well versed in dubstep... and while I was searching for music I got this gem from a friend at the radio station I work at... how fucking awesome is this!

Junior Boys- "Double Shadow (Kode 9 Remix)"
Junior Boys- "Double Shadow (Kode 9 Remix)" zShare

Then I got a new comp that I fucking LOVE called Tectonic Plates, and this fantastic shit was on there...

DQ1- "Wear The Crown" zShare

You can get the rest of Tectonic Plates on eMusic...

Although this isn't British, heads up to those of you in Chicago this week... you might want to check out Outdanced on Tuesday May 22... my boy Curt is DJing solo (as Dj Autobot, not as 1/2 of Flosstradamus) and Crystal Castles are playing a live show. Sam and I saw Crystal Castles in Miami a couple times and they were awesome (even though their sound system sucked... which wasn't their fault)... nice people... a good time will be had by all...


Flosstradamus Vice Records Mix (Original Demo) YouSendIt

Flosstradamus 3 Peat Mix zShare

Crystal Castles- "Black Fag"

Crystal Castles- "Alice Practice"

Crystal Castles- "Alice Practice" zShare

And since I did a Klaxons post...
Klaxons- "Atlantis To Interzone (Crystal Castles Remix)"
Klaxons- "Atlantis To Interzone (Crystal Castles Remix)" zShare

Speaking of clubs and music... there is an awesome DEMF (errrrr... Movement) afterparty this NEXT weekend with Ghostly International's own Audion that you should go to... unless you have something much cooler to do... which I highly doubt... BECAUSE GHOSTLY INTERNATIONAL IS THE GREATEST LABEL ON EARTH (*cough* sign us please)...



OK... I'll be back soon... hope you guys are enjoying the recent posts! Please leave comments, it keeps me posting more... if you're going to be at the Chicago show, or at DEMF let me know...

...and sign up for eMusic... I'm broke...


Podcast