Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Why I started this blog... Babyshambles!


I frequently feel like throwing in the towel nowadays. As Veronica from Cream Team said, it's not that I need to stop blogging, it's that I need to leave Blogger. And I hate to admit it but she's probably right.

Beyond that I've got some amazing interviews? And I can't be arsed to transcribe them because I'm so fucking sick of the "work really hard, get nothing" aspects of blogging. I mean I appreciate you all reading but my passion for a lot of this music has slowly been drained outta me. There are still producers, like Toddla T, that make this exciting but... sometimes I can't even remember why I started this.

And then I remember it was Babyshambles. Before this somehow morphed into a predominantly dance music oriented blog... it was that spirit, that dedication to romance and melody, that made me want to write about music... and do a radio show... and all the other things that have suddenly felt less important since I lost my job.

I recently read an official book about the 'Shambles, and showed some friends a Libertines DVD, and was reminded by the extremely personal nature of these bands and how you could really feel like you were close to them (even if you were an ocean away).

I'll admit I didn't really pay attention during the first album... I was sort of busy trying to even spell my name... but by the 2nd album I was a total convert and followed the trials and tribulations on a daily basis because it was all something I could intimately understand. During that time my (now deceased) ex-girlfriend and I spend whole days looking around the internet for studio tracks (or even little acoustic scraps) that hadn't made it onto records yet.

Of those songs the one that probably sticks out the most as being a brilliant track (that is too libelous to see the light of day) is "Gang Of Gin". I thought I'd go ahead and post it just to remind myself why I started this... and hopefully get of some you excited in the process!

Babyshambles- "Gang Of Gin"

No comments:

Podcast