Saturday, April 15, 2006

New British Invasion? (Pt. 1)

So I don't know how many of you saw it buttttttt USA Today did a piece on the new wave of brit rock a couple weeks ago. They basically had Arctic Monkeys, Hard-Fi and The Subways leading the way. On the next page they had bits about Editors, Babyshambles and a couple other groups. I can see how this might be possible... but... I dunno. We have a lot of new listeners on my radioshow and it seems like people are more interested in brit rock but I think (especially nowadays) Americans can only get down on things that are American. I mean, fuck, a large portion of this country supposedly voted for GW! Anyway... my girlfriend said she heard Editors at the mall, and she thinks Richard Archer from Hard-Fi is pretty hot (not as hot as me she says.. hehe...) so she believes that this article might carry some weight. I say you, the people, should weigh in on this one. I'm gonna post a couple Hard-Fi tracks today... then I will post some stuff from The Subways on the next post, and do some Arctic Monkeys on the one after that. Obviously at this point Arctic Monkeys have made the biggest splash going to #24 on the US Billboard charts and having the fasting selling "indie guitar based album" sales in the US ever... make sure you commment so I can get a feel of what the world thinks... I may not be able to post for a couple days...

I'm going out of town to hang with the girlfriend's family... I really like them so it should be a good weekend... lots of Korean food... yummy...

Hard-Fi- "Stronger (Non-Album Track)"

Hard-Fi- "Middle Eastern Holiday (Wrong Tom vs Rockers Mix)"

I may not be able to post for a couple days... I'm going out of town to hang with the girlfriend's family... I really like them so it should be a good weekend... lots of Korean food... yummy...

P.S. To listen to some of the files on this site you will have to use iTunes or Quicktime. I imagine you already are...

No comments:

Podcast