Thursday, January 22, 2009

Shadow Dancer (from Boys Noize Records) presents "Poke"



You know we love Boys Noize and for that matter Boys Noize Records... the level of quality is so high they're the type of records you buy without even hearing (which is almost unheard of for such a young label).

Shadow Dancer put out the skull shaking self titled EP, about a year and a half ago, and made serious waves... and now we're looking at a full length LP! The boys are from the UK which makes things even better, but truthfully I would have posted this song anyway because I like it so much...

Here's a new track called "Poke" off the upcoming Golden Traxe for youuuuuu!

Shadow Dancer- "Poke"

What I love about this song is that while it's got a beat that seems to get in your bones and work it's way out to your body until you realize you're dancing without knowing it... it paces itself and drops little blips of freshness, switching it up, and making it so there's never a dull moment without going way over the top...

I have to say it's really refreshing to see artists like Shadow Dancer, or say Zomby or Osborne or Commix, who make enjoyable full length albums... something that became a rarity for a while in dance music. This will no doubt be a pleaser and an early contender for "best of 2009"...

Here's some press about the full length...
Shadow Dancer are creators of convulsive, beat-propelled electro-synth psychosis that has long-since left a combustible trail of sweat, sex and dancefloor euphoria snaking through clubs across the globe.

Approached by Boysnoize Records to release what became the Shadow Dancer EP in July 2007, they found their audience rapidly expanding thanks to the symphonic beats of club hits like 'Soap' and 'Cowbois' regularly appearing in the sets of such luminaries as Soulwax, Erol Alkan, 2 Many DJs, DJ Feadz, Adam Freeland and Busy P – Shadow Dancer had emerged as a name to drop and a force to be reckoned with. They have subsequently remixed everyone from The Whip to Chromeo, and their tracks have featured on compilations including Bugged Out's Suck My Deck, Digitalism's Kitsune Tabloid, and Adam Freeland's Two Hours To Jupiter.

Golden Traxe collects thirteen brain-scrambling, pupil-widening assaults on the senses onto one enviably constructed LP. 'Drive Time' re-imagines the possibilities of electronic music. Tracks like 'Soap' and 'Poke' come alive with hypnotic beats destined to alter the chemistry of anyone within earshot, while 'Infinite Lies' and 'The Bad Thing' evoke orgiastic speaker-stack cacophonies that will tame even the most jaded of club-land hedonists. Golden Traxe bristles with an uninhibited love of life on the dancefloor, a wildly varied exercise in transcendent techno titillation and soul-bruisingly acute house throbs.


Here's a little video for you of an unreleased


By the way... I was accused the other day of being too self involved when writing so... I'll just let you know I'm never trying to be a ass... I'm trying to underline the fact there's only one step between you and the artists you're reading about (often by mentioning my involvement with them). I'm nobody special, and I talk to these people, therefore these people you enjoy listening to aren't too far away from you either! Stanton Warriors want to hear your demo. FreQ Nasty wants you to get involved with Giveback. Everybody wants to see you at their shows. So what it comes down to is I'm NOT a journo... I'm a blogger. I have no objectivity because I'm not being "paid" to do that. I'm doing this because I have fun with it and I only post music I love. I'm just a guy, who is married to a mega hot chick (who is a teacher not a promoter or a DJ), who lives in a modest apartment who often lives check to check (like loads of other people), and really loves music... in short nobody special, and certainly not someone who believes that I'm hot shit. And sometimes I get geeked because I meet someone, hang out with someone, or become friends with someone, or see an awesome show, and get very fanboy-ish... and wouldn't you? Or are you a cool, reserved, journalist type, who likes to downplay how cool shit is, and not involve themselves in the process? Whatever the case may be, sorry if I offend...

No comments:

Podcast