Thursday, August 14, 2008

The (somewhat) Holy Grail... Radiohead @ Lollapalooza


So, somehow the magical sounds of the best band in the universe ended up on my iPod! Wonder how that happened! I don't know... I mean I was standing there watching it and thinking back to when I first saw them with R.E.M. in 1995 (or so) and being blown away. The previously posted video (about two or three posts back) of them playing while the fireworks were going off was so emotionally engaging... I held my wifes hand, watching these explosions in the sky, while they played "Fake Plastic Trees" and felt like the world was perfect. In fact why don't you peep this video I just found...



And closer up...


And focusing on the fireworks... I can't stress how awesome this was...


Anyway... this little recording that 'swim' made at Lollapalooza isn't the BEST quality out there... lots of bass thuds that distort the sound (take that all you people who said it was too quiet!)... if any of you are real smart and can correct that let me know... otherwise you have a somewhat distorted first 30 minutes of the best concert of the year. It's worth the download, I think. If you have better copies hit me up on my email!

Radiohead_at_Lollapalooza

EDIT: Now that the download has probably run out anyway... I found that Ocstwosway actually had a good rip of the XFM broadcast of Radiohead broken into three archives on his site! Here's all that jazz... his site is linked to the right...

01 Intro
02 15 Step
03 There There
04 All I Need
05 Nude
06 Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
07 The Gloaming
08 The National Anthem
09 Faust Arp 10 No Surprises
11 Jigsaw Falling Into Place
12 Reckoner
13 Lucky
14 The Bends
15 Everything In Its Right Place
16 Fake Plastic Trees
17 Bodysnatchers
18 Encore Break
19 Videotape
20 Paranoid Android
21 Dollars And Cents
22 House Of Cards
23 Optimistic
24 Encore Break 2 25 2+2=5
26 Idioteque
27 Crowd Noise

http://rapidshare.com/files/137485980/Broadcast.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/137493060/Broadcast.part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/137497109/Broadcast.part3.rar

Hope you guys are enjoying the more regular posts :)

The advertising is going well and I'm glad that it seems you guys are comfortable with it and actually have interest in whats coming up. Those American Apparel dead stock shades are amazing... the rainbow ones? Ima get those and really be 'In Rainbows' har har har... what a dork... be back soon!

No comments:

Podcast