Tuesday, March 11, 2008

NEW VIDEO FROM THE WHIP!


So I think Southern Fried Records is pumping out the fucking jams right now. They've got one of my fav bands period The Black Ghosts up there... and they also have loads of Britblog friendly stuff like Crookers 'Knobbers', Armand Van Helden 'Je T'aime' Simian Mobile Disco Remix, Mighty Dub Katz 'Just Another Groove' (aka Fatboy Slim) that I'm loving. I gave up on Armand Van Helden but I guess I was way off... that Simian Mobile Disco remix is balllllllahhhhhhhh...

Well anyway, you all know I love my Manchester bands (you all know I'm a Joy Division nut, and an Oasis/Factory Records/Smiths freak, and I obviously just posted about Mancunian up-and-comers Lowline) and here's another band I'm all about from that long linage of amazing fuckers... The Whip!

Yeah, I realize I'm acting like I've never posted them before or something (it's for dramatic effect lol) but seriously I really like them a lot. That Black Ghosts remix of "Muzzle No 1" had me getting crazy behind the decks and that Crystal Castles remix of "Divebomb" was fire. Like five alarm fire intense.

Or like rape whistle on the back stairs of the Funky Buddha intense (that was just for you Sam)...

Ummmmm... but anyway... The Whip are back with more fire for you and I've even got the video in downloadable formats! I know right?

The song has a rough sort of feel to it like I dunno... like it should be on the soundtrack to The Doom Generation (which is like the greatest movie ever... which means you should go watch it... you can borrow my copy... the colors are similar to this video... interesting yeah?).

I really like his voice on this song... they all look so awesome... with their rad girl drummer... getting attacked by neon monsters... it's like a weekend in Detroit...

I think you can convert that shit for your iPod (although I always mess up the sound) if you add it to your library and then hit convert for iPod. Tell me if that works for any of you lol...



Go see it on YouTube @ http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ3eeRCoIBY

Here it is for you Apple folk in Quicktime

And you Windows folk in Windows Media...

Then once you've pick up that part of the goodies follow up with a listen over at their their Myspace...

AWESOME... so much greatness put so closely together. I've been doing lots of posts for you guys! I've got more awesomeness but it may have to wait a second... I'm contemplating having either a day of the week that I post NON-Brit stuff along with Britbands OR maybe I'll just really put some energy into the "City Full Of Neon Lights" blog... because I've got SO much material (like some promos from Fabric etc, that are not ALWAYS British but I want to share them with you guys. We'll see. Maybe the site needs a makeover first. Seems like even the young-buck-just-started-a-blog-yesterday-people are droppping hundreds (or lots of time) on their layouts! Maybe it's that all bloggers are actually art/design students lol... anyway... check back soon for more Brit-tastic-ness!


No comments:

Podcast