Thursday, December 04, 2008

THE BPA WANT YOU... to remix "Toe Jam"!



Remember the days when your aspiring DJ/producer self said "Man, if I could only get the vocal/instrumental to this song I could totally do a remix better than DJ Whoever! Man I'd never be so lucky..."

Well, along with the handiness of Web 2.0, and the different chatter and cultural changes across the various intrawebs your time to shine has become a regular occurrence! So much so that I don't even have time to remix all the songs I get stems for (regardless of deadlines you'll still see a "3 Little Words" remix and a State Crime "Reckoner" remix outta me before the end of this decade lol)...

With all that said, The BPA "Toe Jam" remix contest is in full effect! You now have the chance to remix the arguably the biggest hit of the year right from your bedroom/dormroom/basement/bunker and actually get your name out there...

Check out the contest site or see the recent posts from two of the concert sponsors BIGSTEREO and Discobelle for more on this shinfig....

Unlike SOME remix contests this one is a freebie! All the individual tracks are there for you to use however you wold like. The best part of all this is that the winners will be chosen by Norman Cook (aka Fatboy Slim), himself! He's a fucking cool guy, he is, so I'm sure he's open to that Gabber techno remix you're thinking up right now lol... I mean you may not win but at least he might hear it ;)

Completed remixes must be received on or by January 1, 2009. There's already one remix DONE so obviously you need to step up your game right now... especially because if I'm not going to win this damn thing... one of you needs to! And then tell me that you won because I yelled at you. This will validate my existence!

This will be a repost now... I'm not sure they'd want me posting the single again but I'm sure everyone's cool with the 'Database Remix' filling in the uninitiated...

The BPA- "Toe Jam (Database Remix)"

The BPA- "Toe Jam (Database Remix)" YSI

Just in case you're coming in late on this one here's the best video of the year hands down of the track you're about to remix...


Ok, go out and make me proud!

No comments:

Podcast