Monday, December 15, 2008

EXCLUSIVE FABRICLIVE MIX from Hannah Holland!



Alright then! Hope you guys had a good weekend. Yours truly had a... well... cough... see, I was sort of trying to do this remix of Frankmusik's "3 Little Words (due today I believe)... and my Macbook crashed. Completely. So thankfully I have a old backup Powerbook G4 right? Welllll... It doesn't even have a gig of RAM. So, I try to start up the RAM sucking production programs, and I get started only to notice my Sony studio headphones won't stay on!

So, because I desperately wanted to get this remix done, I went out and bought new SkullCandy headphones (which are great by the way) seeing as the $300 Sony ones plastic broke... and I came back home and went to work... Only to have the G4 crash out over and over. The vocal was sucking so much power that I thought "Ok, I can mute the vocal and keep getting the melodies all sorted out, then I'll go back in and add new synths and touch up the sound AND DO THE DRUMS"... And after many hours of work and running around buying new headphones and everything else... the computer could no longer handle the workload and POOF... that was it.

So bottom line was I got the foundation of the track done and that was as far as I could take it. Very very upsetting. One day you'll hear the full version with drums and all that... I'm not even sure I am willing to stream it here because it's still so rough. I guess be on the look out :)

ANYWAYYYYYY... while we're on the topic of remixes, remember that awesome Hannah Holland remix of VV Brown that I posted a couple months back? Well Hannah has done an exclusive mix for Fabriclive! It's pretty eclectic and I really dig the selection... I've been hearing her name more and more so I'd say that she's for sure one to keep your eye on! Also, make sure you GO TO THE SHOW ON FRIDAY to catch her and Skream, Plump DJs, Duke Dumont, and a whole bunch of other awesome peeps... as always Fabric does it best...

Here's some press...
"This week at FABRICLIVE we have the Plump DJs Headthrash back with a full takeover of all room three rooms. In celebration of her performance this Friday Hannah Holland has done FABRICLIVE an exclusive mix."

1. "THE BIG STEF" – SOLO 2. WHAT CANTO IS IT? - MIKE MONDAY BOOTLEG 3. MY ANGELIC DEMONS - JUSTIN MARTIN 4. CHOP - BINGO PLAYERS 5. GENERATION NOISE FEAT. BOOGSHE (AFROJACK REMIX) - LAIDBACK LUKE, ROMAN SALZGER 6.GET UP (DIPLO RMX) - BINGO PLAYERS 7. RHYTHM INSURANCE - CHAIM 8. TANZBOMBE (ROBAG WRUHME REMIX) - ROBAG WRUHME, PASCAL FEOS 9. THE CUT - BENGA 10. FLOOR DEM - CASPA

Hannah Holland Fabriclive Mix


19 DECEMBER

ROOM ONE:
PLUMP DJS PRESENT HEADTHRASH...
Plump DJs, Japanese Popstars (LIVE), Justin Robertson, Meat Katie, Sick Rick

ROOM TWO:
PLUMP DJS PRESENT HEADTHRASH...
Skream, Duke Dumont, Tayo, Hannah Holland, Reso

ROOM THREE:
PLUMP DJS PRESENT HEADTHRASH...
Slyde, General Midi, Plaza De Funk, Drum Monkeys, Beat Assassins


Just as I bonus I'm going to repost that Hannah Holland remix of VV Brown!

VV Brown- "Crying Blood (Hannah Holland Remix)"

While I'm at it... I thought I'd share this years Christmas card with you. Now, for those of you who know me, I'm rather tame at present but in the past hellion wouldn't even begin to touch on my behaviour. But I'd since I've cleaned up my act I had always wanted to do something REALLY outlandish for a Christmas card in jest (like me frazzled with a crack pipe and a Santa hat or something... NOT THAT I'VE EVER DONE THAT SORT OF THING). However, I have my wife and her family to think about, so we decided to still do something funny (and obviously staged) with a "Nice & Naughty" Christmas card.

Nice...




And...............






Naughty ;) Hehehehehe


SO MERRY F^%&ING CHRISTMAS ASSH*LES! Hehehehehe No, but seriously, thank you all for your support and big up to all the people who have made this blog part of their lives and have taken the time to help me out (or share their time with me)... that goes for you readers, as well as Vince, Oli, Theo & Simon, GTA, Heads We Dance, Toddla T, Robert Koch, Acid Kids, Markus Lange, Mike from Dead Kids, FreQ Nasty, Larry Tee, JDSY, Dot Allison, Princess Superstar, Treasure Fingers, Acid Girls, Outputmessage, Foals & Bang On, South Central, Kilowatt, Boys Noize, James at Fabric (as well as the whole Fabric family), Anna & James, Zoe, my homie Gabriella at EMI who always has me covered, David Lennon, The Projects, Saturna, The Joy Formidable, all you people I interviewed... Dom, Darshan, Graeme, James & Jas, Howie B, FreQ Nasty (tks for putting me in your blog bro, I'll buy you a drink next time you're in Chicago)... as well as anyone I forgot :) I'll keep updating this thank you as I remember more people, check back... and please keep your eye on the ever changing "best of 2008" list! Thanks for stopping by, come back soon!

No comments:

Podcast