Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Water-Lily! (Stone Roses vs Lily Allen)





As you proceed to the download, take a minute to savor the fact that you are (as Mp3Hugger and Stereogum both already informed you last week) about to hear the best mash-up of the year! I really enjoy Lily Allen's music, and am a BIG Stone Roses fan, so this is just about the coolest thing ever. A fancy pants Dj by the name of Sam Flanagan produced this absolute gem of a track and hopefully he is getting the much deserved attention. There's not a whole lot to say about it other than that! I imagine you all know who the Stone Roses (whose track 'Waterfall provides the instrumental) are and I doubt anyone hopping around mp3 blogs doesn't know the name Lily Allen (whose 'LDN' provides the vocal) so let's leave it at that for now!

Lily Allen vs Stone Roses- 'WaterLily'

In other news... both Rbally and Clever Titles Are So Last Summer called it quits today. The blogging world is at a loss without these two. Please take a moment to see what you are missing. Maybe some day we can convince them to come back!





Finally, before I go off and go to sleep... I know that if you stop by here you are very familiar with Pete Doherty's band Babyshambles (speaking of there's ALLEGED talk of a wedding with he and Kate Moss, and supposedly he's back in Arizona at the Meadows Clinic for more rehab, and Courtney Love is saying she helped Pete get clean and... I better stop... I'll get back to this another time... I'm sure, probably minus the wedding, it's bullshit). But I haven't really mentioned a lot about the OTHER Libertine's singer, Carl Barat, and his band Dirty Pretty Things! Their album 'Waterloo To Anywhere' was EASILY one of the best albums of the year, and quite possibly one of the best debuts (especially from a band emerging from the ashes of another band) in years. I just thought it was about time to post some DPT!


Dirty Pretty Things-'Puffin On A Coffin Nail (Demo)'

Btw... speaking of free music... you can get 25 free mp3s from eMusic.com. If you click on the lovely link below and sign up I get a nice kickback! But seriously, it's WAY cheaper than iTunes, I'm acutally a member myself, and they've got loads of music that you've already seen on this blog. I know some people take issue with this sort of promotion, but in order for me to keep taking the time to post, I gotta be making money somewhere lol! GO CHECK IT OUT!


Get 25 FREE MP3s!

No comments:

Podcast