Thursday, January 11, 2007

Babyshambles Triumphant Return!


You know what can kiss my ass? My songs not showing up on the Hype Machine. Now I know there are a few of you who read the blog no matter what but most of the traffic on this site comes from being listed on the Hype Machine. Recently it's been droppping tracks or turning them into numbers on the listing which is no use to me..... and they never reply to my emails about this. Does anyone know how to stop that? Am I doing something wrong? Well anyway, I can't stay too upset... tonight is TACO NIGHT IN THE ARCADIA HOUSEHOLD and that means there is nothing wrong with the world if only for tonight... because taco's a fucking awesome.

You know what else is fucking awesome? Wait for it....

NEW BABYSHAMBLES DEMOS!!! That's right! Apparently after the massive success (and the immediate bidding war allegedly started by) by their "Blinding E.P.", Pete & Co are at it again with a new selection of tracks called the Stookie And Bumfest Demos. Apparently these were posted at one point on Pete's site French Dog Blues and the demand for them was so great it crashed their server (and that fucking thing still isn't fixed I don't think).

I got these copies from good old Albion Arks which is always the best place to get any Libertines/Babyshambles/etc related bootlegs. I haven't really gotten a chance to really listen to these closely, and therefore don't have a lot of constructive criticism about these songs... BUT I can say they sound REALLY REALLY REALLY good and it's looks as though Pete is poised to show all of his detractors what's really up! I'm just going to post the songs I already know are awesome right now, and will get to the others when I have something to say about them (i.e. tomorrow or the next day)...

Babyshambles- "There She Goes (A Little Heartache)"

Babyshambles- "New Loves Grows On Trees"

Babyshambles- "Unbilotitled"

Here's another new one apparently titled "14.40"...


In other interesting (personal) news... I figured out last night how to sequence drums in Reason... now writing my album is going to be SOOOOOOO MUCH EASIER! I have spent five years trying to figure this out and finally got it last night! It was so simple I can't believe I didn't figure it out before... anyway, I think you guys will be very pleased with these new songs I'm working on.. and I will post some before Sam and I go down to Miami in March for the Winter Music Conference...

No comments:

Podcast