Wednesday, January 17, 2007

LIMITED EDITION... Siobhan Donaghy- "Don't Give Up (Medicine 8 Remix)"



Well... things have become SO pathetic over the last couple days. I'm staring down the barrel for a gun (for no good reason except the owner doesn't like me) at work... because of this I have no internet at work... I've had to scramble to get classes for this semester by begging my teachers to let me into their classes... I haven't done any work on the album... and I have just barely talked my girlfriend. Fucking garbage.

BUT despite adversity I still bring you a new Arcadia post? Why bother you wonder? Because Chris over at Parlophone has sent another track in this direction... which of course is always a good reason to post.

The song is by Siobhan Donaghy. I don't really know too much about her (I mean obviously I know the Sugababes) but here's the low down...

Siobhán Donaghy (born 14 June 1984 in London, England), is a female singer-songwriter. Until September 2001, she was a member of English pop group, the Sugababes, after which she was replaced by new member Heidi Range. After her departure from the Sugababes, Donaghy released three solo singles and an album. She still lives in Eastcote, Middlesex, with her family, which includes her sisters Bevin and Roisin.

Now normally I don't go for straight up POP songs... but this song is pretty straight... and the Sugababes (and now-former-member-Donaghy) have become a British institution and it's worth taking note of what goes on with them and their (former) member's careers... yeah? I doubt it's the last time you hear about Donaghy (or the 'Babes) on Arcadia...

The track itself is actually a pulsing throbbing house track done by Medicine 8... I don't know what the actual song sounds like but this remix is wicked... what's even cooler about it is that it's going to be released on super limited edition 12" BUT YOU GUYS GET TO HEAR IT HERE!!! (For you mp3 based Djs... you're welcome...)

Here's the stream for this track...
Siobhan Donaghy- "Don't Give Up (Medicine 8 Remix)"

Here's the download...
Siobhan Donaghy- "Don't Give Up (Medicine 8 Remix)"

You can check out more at her Myspace or at her website... AS USUAL COMMENTS ARE MUCH APPRECIATED... the more you guys say the more Parlophone listens (from what I gather) and the more tracks they give me to give you! Good news yeah?

Well anyway... I will try to be back on here as soon as humanly possible... but right now I have to deal with the Thought Police and it's hard to get around that... keep checking back...

No comments:

Podcast