Sunday, January 28, 2007

Help vs Help (plus other good news)


VS


WOO HOO!!! Charles and I are at the WIDR meeting right now and let me tell you... LET ME TELL YOU... there are big exciting things coming! Live playlists, new soundboard for live music, WIDR week... all sorts of shit! ALSO on the heels of that great news, Charles and I are going to be pimping out the show/website/blog/myspace during 2007 to make your listening experience even better. How you ask? Well how about with podcasts, t-shirts, and other fancy new things? You like... I know you like!

So... a few days back I posted Blur's "Eine Kleine Lift Musik" from the epic Help! charity compilation that came out in the mid-90's during the Britpop era... and today I went back to take a look at it, and the newer Help! comp that came out about a year ago, and decided it was going to do another post with some of the songs.

DO NOT GET ME WRONG! I am not saying "here you go, ignore the fact that these are supposed to be for charity and download to your hearts content"... I posting these songs because a) we American's have probably (for the most part) not heard these songs and b) because of that it's easy to forget they exist at all! I thought I would get this out here and HOPEFULLY it will convince you to pick the album up and also remind you how awesome these comps (and their charities) actually are!

Here's one from the new Help!...
Babyshambles- "Bollywood To Battersea"

And one from the old Help!...
Massive Attack- "Fake The Aroma"

On the first one Radiohead put "Lucky" (from Ok Computer) out to rave reviews... then they went and put this one on the new one...
Radiohead- "I Want None Of This"

Then here's another one from the first comp...
Suede- "Shipbuilding"

So I hope you guys dig that... PLEASE go out and actually purchase these... both albums have shitloads of tracks (20 on the original and 22 on the follow up) and lots of your favourite bands! I mean if you frequent this site then most of them probably are your favs... I mean probably not Keane but you know what I mean! Which ones do you guys think is better? I'm not sure because I haven't listened to both all the way through but... I'm interested to see what you guys think...

Anyway... make sure you come back and check for new posts! Now that I've got this new computer the posts are going to be more frequent... speaking of new computer....

1 comment:

Pete P. said...

Hong Kong by Gorillaz from the new Help is also awesome, one of their best tracks and totally different from anything Damon's ever done under the Gorillaz-brand.

It's a shame Babyshambles didn't include Bollywood on Down In Albion. It would've been a standout track there.

Podcast