Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Good The Great and The Fantastic


Well today has just about been the best day ever. After the internet blackout for a while (due to work cutting me off) I have finally recieved my MacBook in the mail! Now I can blog in bed and life is perfect...

On top of this good news I (basically) got a new job today... I'm waiting another 24+ hours for confirmation but the guy who did the interview with said I'm the man for the job (which is nice because I'm sick of being treated like dog shit at my current job). This makes life SO much better...

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL THE GOOD NEWS! As an extra little icing on the cake... for you and me both... I've got some more stuff on The Good The Bad and The Queen to share with you via THE FADER.

I've always really liked THE FADER as I kind of felt like they were the American equivalent of The Face (the best magazine ever that is now defunct) which is a pretty big compliment. Their content has helped usher in a new era where you have indie kids that listen to grime, real hiphop heads who know who Interpol is, and a forum for new 'stars' like M.I.A. who really don't get cover status anywhere else (not unlike other coverstars Clipse, Icarus Line, W.I.T., and others). Shit, in fact I love THE FADER so much that back in the day I used to keep a copy of the Neptunes issue on my person at all time like it was the Bible. For real though.......... and last time I checked my peeps Flosstradamus were doing a mixtape or something of the sort with those cats from THE FADER so I gotta love it!

I don't want y'all to think that this blog has become a completely Damon Albarn-centric blog.... it's just that fucking man has taken the music world by storm and loads of people have said that TGTB&TQ album is about the most important shit in rock music this year! And why not? When you've got bits of Blur, The Clash, The Verve and Africa 70 together that is a force to be reckoned with! I hope y'all are going to check out that album (especially since Parlophone and I gave you those two tracks) because I know you are going to wish you had already bought it once you read the new FREE PDF issue of THE FADER and listen to the accompanying podcast.

ON said podcast you've got Kanye West's homie GLC (who was featured on "Spaceship"), Aloe Blacc, Mavado, Vybz Kartel, and loads more... and of course TGTB&TQ with "Kingdom Of Doom"... and if I read the email correctly Damon Albarn himself is also on the podcast as well. It's so pretty wicked shit and totally more than worth the price of FREE... I mean how are you going to turn down free songs?!?!?! And the free magazine??!?!?! Shit I was lamenting the fact that I couldn't buy The Fader last Friday at the news stand because I didn't have enough money on me.. and I couldn't be more psyched that I just got it for free! I'm sure you all will feel the same way...

The magazine is HERE and the podcast either there or HERE.


Now (to tie in to all this) I would feel pretty awful giving away another TGTB&TQ track without permission so instead I'm going to give you a track off the legendary HELP! War Child album from Damon Albarn's OTHER band Blur (I'm sure you've heard of them before). This was originally made to help children affected by the war in Somalia... I imagine it still is, so if you like this track check out the rest of it and help someone in need (because I don't need "screwing over kids in war torn regions by giving away free songs" on my conscience!)... the song and album are over @ eMusic.... I'm sure I don't need to tell you if you join eMusic from the image below I make money and YOU get a free trial... cause I'm sure you knew that already....

Blur- "Eine Kleine Lift Musik" from HELP!

Ok... so I got the new computer things should be back to normal... if I don't have anything posted keep checking back or... I dunno.. go over to Palms Out Sounds or something! And if you guys could please leave some comments... it at least lets me know peopel are still stopping by lol... peace!


No comments:

Podcast