Thursday, September 25, 2008

VV Brown with some "Doo wop indie from outer space" (Hannah Holland Remix)



Man, I've been asleep at the wheel this week. Seriously. Just dropping the ball in this online world that somehow has more influence than my actual life! What the hell have I been thinking? YOU GUYS NEED NEW MUSIC and I am a music peddler...

So without further ado... VV Brown has got a wicked track here called "Crying Blood" that reminds me (well at least this remix reminds me) of a sort of icy electro version of Basement Jaxx and maybe Switch having babies... It's the type of track that works at the meat for the sandwitch that is your DJ mix (or club experience for you non-DJs) that makes people's ears perk up and wonder what they are listening to. Seriously? I can think of a few times that I've been out in the club and what was turning into a grinding set of tunes for people on drugs could have been turned around by a track like this...

VV Brown- "Crying Blood (Hannah Holland Remix)" YSI

VV Brown- "Crying Blood (Hannah Holland Remix)"


VV Brown is a brand spanking new rockabilly maiden with tunes she describes as “do wop indie from outer space”…

First at the mixing desk is one of our favourite DJs Hannah Holland. Resident at the infamous Trailer Trash night in Shoreditch as well as running her own night Bastard Batty Bass (Time Out described it as “one of London’s finest clubs”), Hannah has now branched out into production and this remix gives us a taster of what to expect! Deconstructing the track completely Hannah adds chunky 4/4 beats, a growling b-line and some wonky keys for a jackin’ heads-down stomper… guaranteed to keep your dancefloor locked! Watch out for the launch of Hannah’s new label Batty Bass and the first release ‘Shake It Up’.


I'm totally playing this on my show and I think you'll agree that this will add life to many mixes in need. Hope you dig it... I've got new stuff from GTA Oxford coming up next so stay tuned... oh yeah! I almost forgot! I'm doing the interview with FreQ Nasty tomorrow so that should be up sometime this weekend! Peace...

1 comment:

LA Trash said...

she reminds me of an english Janelle Monae!

Podcast