Friday, November 14, 2008

A very Fabric Friday... Yuksek, FreQ Nasty, and Metro Area mixes!


Ohhhhh yeah more Fabric goodies. Seriously doesn't shit this make your day much better? Like it was a rainy depressing mess this morning and POOF it's all better because I've got so much good free music to listen to! First thing to address is next Friday's Fabriclive with Yuksek and the free mix to commemorate the event. Which is cool because recently I've been thinking that I needed some more Yuksek in my life :)

Here's a tiny press blurb...
In celebration of his appearance at FABRICLIVE on Friday the 21st of November, Yuksek has done FABRICLIVE an exclusive mix. He’ll be joined on the night by none other than Annie Mac, Brodinski, Surkin, DJ Mehdi and Boy 8 Bit.

Yusek Fabriclive Mix

Also in the spirit of sharing Fabric gave a couple more mixes from two of the most recent Fabriclive 42's FreQ Nasty and Fabric 43's Metro Area. These mixes are both dope, I've gotta say, but you still have to check out both of the actual mixes. FreQ's is full on balls-to-the-wall energy from the beginning and the Metro Area is fun and engaging enough it got my Halloween party to not notice that I wasn't DJing lol! Although shame on FreQ Nasty for stealing my favourite opening song for a mix! When I see you FreQ, I'ma give you a piece of my mind lol...

Freq Nasty mix...



1. Jamie Woon - Wayfaring Stranger – Live Recordings – Burial Mix
2. Zed Bias feat Jay Electronica - The Cauldron – White
3. FreQ Nasty vs David Starfire – Bulge - White
4. Acapella Dl feat South Rakas crew - Mad Again – Mad Decent
5. Evil 9 - They Live (Trevor Loveys HipHop mix) – Marine Parade
6. Epydemix - Thunderpussy - White
7. Acapella - FreQ Nasty vs David Starfire feat Tiffany
8. Beat Monkeys - How You Like Me Now - Rico Tubbs Mix - 777
9. Slipz n Dapz – Hey - White
10. FreQ Nasty & Propa Tings – Peacemaker - White
11. TRG - Oi Killa – Tempa
12. Acapella Saul Williams - Not In Our Name - White
13. Santogold vs Switch and FreQ Nasty – Creator – Atlantic

Metro Area mix...



1) Samson & Delilah – I Can Feel Your Love Slipping Away (Instrumental)
2) Prince – Controversy
3) Elektrik Funk – On A Journey (I Sing the Funk Elektrik) (Instrumental)
4) Gaucho – Dance Forever (D.J. Version)
5) Reese & Santonio – Structure
6) Telex – Moskow Diskow (Disco Mix)
7) Voyage – Souvenirs (Hot Tracks Remix)
8) Mother F – Welcome Aboard

I can say I'm actually proud to be an American again since Obama won... but I still fucking can't stand the fact that I can't go to Fabric week after week! Here's to making it big and playing there somday yeah? Cheers... I'll be back soon. Enjoy the tunes...

No comments:

Podcast