Monday, November 06, 2006

I can give you... what. you. want.






Well another Monday and the weekend seems SO far away. There was a nice write up over a Pitchfork about the Lady Sov show (that I also write about yesterday) from this last weekend and it made me wish that the fun and relaxation of the weekend was here again. Instead I'm stuck with a painful, puss filled strep throat that is giving me chills and totally fucking up my whole steez. Awful isn't it? When you're steez is fucked? Hahaha... we all know Mondays tend it suck in general so I am going to do what I can to make today unsuck a little for all of us!

I don't really need to tell you about my love for the supposed New Rave movement... but I haven't let you know how much I ADORE Hot Chip. Hot Chip are almost constantly in my cd player (which is basically Apparat, Ellen Allien, Audion, Spank Rock, Klaxons, DFA 1979, Ladytron, Joy Division... you get the picture) and I find my self taking out their cd, putting another in, and immediately taking that out and putting it back in. I mean I love Arctic Monkeys but I'm kind of surprised Hot Chip didn't win the Mercury Prize. Maybe they should change their name to Hot Shit (that was awwwwwwwwwful)! Anyway, it's hard to think they could be any better... but a slew of remixes are at least equal if not better than their amazing originals. I like the song 'Colours' but I LOVE Fred Falke remix of it. He's been making the rounds doing a remix for everyone in the world with his boy Alan Braxe.... and just in case you didn't know Alan Braxe co-wrote Stardust's 'The Music Sounds Better With You' along with Benjamin Diamond, and Daft Punk's Thomas Bangalter... so he certainly has the songwriting chops to pull of something EPIC!

Hot Chip- "Colours (Fred Falke Remix)"

I want to post MORE Hot Chip but I think I ought to wait at LEAST a day... HOWEVER I am not opposed to posting some more Braxe and Falke action... I realize this isn't British but I quite like Kelis and this disco redux of her new song 'Bossy' makes me long for the days when she and Pharrell got along and the world was alright... and I was still privy to knowing shit the public didn't. Like back when this picture was taken...





Kelis- "Bossy (Alan Braxe& Fred Falke Remix)"

BTW I got this song off a Music For Robots comp at the Mobius Band show.. you should also go get it.. it's pretty smokin!

The next group needs no introduction... I've been posting the shit out of everything the Klaxons have done for months. I'm sure you also already know everything about them. This new song shows what their eagerly anticipated full length might sound like. Also while you are here check out their video for the new single 'Magick'! It's well good!

Klaxons- "Golden Skans"


And for no good (i.e. no Brit associated) reason I bring you New Young Pony Club... basically just because I LOVE Van She Tech... I hope Van She Tech does an album... I suppose until then we have the Van She album over at eMusic and all the Modular stuff like the Soulwax album over there...

New Young Pony Club- "Ice Cream (Van She Tech Remix)"

P.s. Has everyone else seen the commercial that has the NYPC song in it? Like for a computer or something? Oh, I got it now.. it's Intel... here's the commercial, and then the video just for kicks!





And last but not least... I thought since I'm all dancey, I mentioned Soulwax, and I want to encourage you to go to
eMusic, I thought I'd post this wicked Ladytron remix! Anyway... make sure to keep check back regularly and I will do my best to provide you with the hottest Britshit out there! VIVE L'ALBION MOTHERFUCKERS!


No comments:

Podcast